Monday, March 21, 2011

The Great I Am

Its been a tough week for so many reasons, it would take all day to explain what has happened in the last 7 days. Neglected and sick children still wasting away in an orphanage, a friends heart broken. A dear friend back home seriously ill that's just for starters.

I literally felt like I couldn’t breath, it is all too much, too much pain too much suffering, we are surrounded by it every day. I sent an urgent message back home for prayer.

I get a message back this morning from my Jo B. “I felt God tell me that the song “Healing Rain” by Michael W Smith is significant for you this morning” she wrote. I love my Jo and I trust that she hears clearly from the Lord as she has done so many times before. I downloaded it. Within minutes of her email I was listening to the song.

The lyrics just rushed over me like a river and I heard the words

And only You, the Son of man
Can take a leper and let him stand
So lift your hands, they can be held
By someone greater, the great I Am

The last line by someone greater, the great I Am, just replayed in my heard I prayed God what does that really mean the great I Am.

Clearly I heard God say “I Am so you don’t have to be.”

Finally it has settled on my soul that He is in control and not me and that He loves all of us more than I even have capacity too. Same lesson different day but I think this time it has sunk in deep.

Praise God for faithful friends in prayer and the courage to say what they hear.

I Am Lives so I have nothing to fear.

Love Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment